VSKYLABS Releases Major Update to the Phoenix Air U-15 Project
Experimental aircraft developer VSKYLABS Aerospace Simulations has dropped V5 of their Phoenix Air U-15. Part of their 'Test-Pilot' series, it now makes full use of the latest flight model capabilities in X-Plane 11.3x.
Quoting the changelog from their website, today's update includes:
- Flight Dynamics Model refinements, systems:
- New flight dynamics model designed for X-Plane 11.30+ Experimental Flight Model environment (must be enabled in X-Plane's general-settings menu).
- Complete new performance and handling characteristics tune-up.
- Choke system is now operational (however, "cold-day" simulation is currently not implemented in X-Plane's out of the box features).
- 3D modeling and model design:
- Completely new internal engineering.
- Canopy is now operational and animated.
- PBR implementation.
- Transponder/Radios re-arrangements, COM1 is integrated into the GNS530, and the older transponder was replaced with a new, GTX-327 (simplified version).
- Cockpit instruments lighting.
- Optimizations for VR usage.
- AviTab compatibility was added (AviTab plugin is not included, as it is not part of the VSKYLABS projects).
- FMOD Sound-pack:
- Maintenance update.
- STMA Autoupdater plugin was added!
"The project features the Phoenix U-15 aircraft, which is a kind of a 'hybrid' aircraft; powered aircraft by Rotax 912 ULS 100 hp engine, and at the same time, a high performance glider."
For additional information and screenshots, refer to the product page on the developer's website, where it can be purchased for US $24.00.