X-Plane 11.30 Released
[UPDATE 1746z] The update is now available to Steam users. To update, simply restart the Steam client.
After a long beta run, X-Plane version 11.30 is now stable and available to customers via the updater. By far the most anticipated change is the addition of the particle system, which allows developers more freedom over effects such as wing vortices, engine blast and wing condensation.
Threshold was the first to report the changelog for X-Plane 11.30, back in September, where an annoymous source provided the patch notes, which included the aforementioned new particle system, a new ATC system and bringing panel resolution up to 4K.
Here is the full changelog:
- New ATC voice system.
- Particles editor for aircraft.
- Autopilot & aircraft systems updates
- Improved industrial zones in US autogen & reorganized library.
- FM improvements / experimental FM UI option
- Shader system rebuilt as part of port to Vulkan.
- All of X-Plane is now 8.33kHz aware.
- Panel res bumped to 4k.
- Updated airspace to 2018 & Navigraph default data 1708.
- Added sector altitudes in VFR map.
- Updated joystick config files to use sim/autopilot/servos_off_any.
- New UI options to enlarge font size.
- New UI for manually setting joystick curves per axis.
- Settings UI for re-enabling notification windows that have a “don’t show this again” checkbox.
- Situation files get you close to landmarks for quick sight seeing.
- User submitted joystick config files.
To update to 11.30r3, simply run the X-Plane 11 Installer and select "Update X-Plane". Or, if you're on the Steam version, simply restart the client.
Alternatively, see the changes from beta to beta over on the X-Plane website.