ToLiss Shares Information on Upcoming A319 and A321 Updates
April 19, 2021
ToLiss has taken to the X-Plane.org Forums to share a new feature list for their A319. The update is set to first be released for the A319 and then the same changes will follow on to the A321.
The main changes to be brought with the update include new performance calculator refinements, an upgrade to the bleed air system and a rework of the PERF pages.
ToLiss’ A319 was the developer's first product to be released for X-Plane, back in the first half of 2018. Since the release of their A319, the developer also worked on an A321, which was subsequently released in late February 2020.
The developer is also working on their new A340 model, the latest previews of the project were shared in February 2020 with new cockpit previews shared.
Only the changelog for the A319 has been shared so far but the developer did state:
“Once the A319 V1.6 is released, we will incorporate the same changes in the A321 and A321 NEO (with a couple of undisclosed NEO specific additions) for V1.3 of those products.”
Below is the feature list for the ToLiss A319 V1.6:
Major new features:
- Pilot item database allowing the creation and storage of custom waypoints, including associated page reconfigurations on DIR TO, FPLN, RAD NAV page etc.
- Bleed system upgrade to a quantitative bleed model affecting fuel consumption and take-off thrust
- Support for LDA, IGS, Localizer Back course and GLS approaches
- Complete rework of the PERF pages to add EO mode information as well as climb/descent predictions to a given altitude
- Rework of the PROG page to include EO mode information including an indication of OEI gross ceiling and predictive GPS function
Minor new features:
- When flying the IAE engine, the EWD now properly supports revision to N1 Mode
- TO performance calculator also determines whether packs need to be ON or OFF for the take-off.
- Complete redo of the SD pages ENG, BLEED, PRESS, and F/CTL for better representational accuracy
- FPLN page rework: Constraints are now shown prior to filing the INIT B page.
- FPLN page additional information: The Final approach slope is now shown
- Improved the lateral-directional handling qualities in manual flight
- Changes to altitude and speed constraints of the active flight plan create TEMPY flight plan.
- Added RAT and outflow valve to the external 3d model
- Corrected PFD speed bug location during Go Around
- Prevented waypoint sequencing when flying in HDG mode in the opposite direction of FMS path at current TO waypoint
- Fixed ILS indication location on PFD
- Improved AP vertical target tracking when flying with high Angles of Attack
- Fine-tuning of the graphical representation in the EWD.
- Speed target for flap 3 landings is back to VAPP
- Waypoints can now be added at end of FPLN directly on the FPLN A page.
- Various small bug fixes
Thanks to Threshold Discord server member Tang0 for tipping us off to the news!
The full announcement post can be found on the X-Plane.org Forums.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.