Airport Enhancement Package By X-Codr Released
Developer X-Codr has released their newest product, Airport Enhancement Package (AEP) on the X-Plane.org store.
The AEP drastically increases the realism of default X-Plane sceneries by replacing their textures with more detailed and higher resolution ones. The new textures also incorporate PBR technology, weather/seasonal effects, and regionalization based on the airport’s location.
X-Codr’s AEP brings improved textures to not only the taxiways and runways, but also buildings and trees. A full list of features is as follows:
- Almost all airport buildings replaced with new high quality models
- Majority of airport facades replaced with new high quality facades
- Majority of all ground clutter replaced with new high quality models
- All static ground vehicles replaced with new high quality models
- All airport objects such as runways lights, beacons, and navaids replaced with new high quality models
- All models feature advanced modeling techniques
- o All models feature UHD textures between 2 and 4 pixels per inch
- o All models feature advanced PBR normal maps for small details and realistic reflections
- o All models feature advanced LODs to maximize detail while maintaining great performance
- o Most models feature lite interiors to provide an added sense of depth and realism without the performance cost
- All airport vegetation replaced with new high performance 3d vegetation
- o Advanced LOD techniques used to create detailed 3d trees with minimal performance impact
- o Vegetation automatically switches based on region, for example, tropical areas may have palm trees while mountains may have pine trees.
- All pavement textures replaced with new high-quality textures
- o All pavement textures feature ultra high resolution for great detail
- o All polygon pavement textures feature PBR normal maps for maximum realism and detail
- o Pavement uses large scale decals to break up repetition giving airports a realistic natural feel
- o All airport terrain textures feature normal maps and decals for maximum detail and realism with minimal repetition
- o All markings replaced with new high quality markings
- Limited Regionalization gives airports a unique feel
- o In rural areas more damaged pavement is randomly mixed in with normal pavement
- o In more rural and tropical areas more worn hangars are mixed in with the newer hangars found elsewhere
- o Vegetation dynamically changes based on the location.
- • Dynamic weather and seasons
- o Polygon pavement features rain effects
- o All pavement features snow effects
- o Vegetation dynamically changes with the season. See brown and gold trees in the fall, and trees with no leaves in the winter
- All models match the default style as closely as possible, ensuring you see exactly what the author intended except in a much higher quality.
X-Codr’s Airport Enhancement Package can be purchased on X-Plane.org for $22.95. For other products from X-Codr, check out a previous article.