Aerosoft Releases CRJ 550/700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Aerosoft has released its much-anticipated rendition of the CRJ 550/700 aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator. According to the developer, the plane features a custom-built exterior model and cockpit, high-quality textures, a realistic flight system that comes equipped with a state-of-the-art electronic flight bag (EFB), and much more.
The CRJ is Aerosoft’s their “first complex and highly detailed aircraft expansion” for MSFS and has been highly anticipated by the community as the aircraft is the first fully featured airliner for the new simulator platform. The release today follows months of previews from the developer who has been working on remastering the aircraft from the P3D version.
Aerosoft is also working on the DHC-6 Twin Otter and A320 family for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Previews of these aircraft have been a lot less frequent than those of the CRJ, but after the release of the CRJ, it is likely the frequency of these previews will increase.
A full list of features is as follows:
- Highly detailed modelling based on many photos of the original aircraft
- Covered with high resolution PBR textures that convey virtual reality extremely well
- The possibilities of the new flight simulator engine are mostly utilized
- Fluid animations of moving parts such as landing gear, flaps and doors
- The cockpit shows detailed modelling and animations that provide a realistic look and feel of this popular airliner
- Support of advanced features, such as rain effects, etc.
- The flight model is based on Flight Simulator's new aerodynamic model to provide more realistic behaviour of the CRJ in all flight conditions. It has been fine tuned to reflect the performance and reactive behaviour of the CRJ
- Included are the CRJ 550 and 700 models with 9 liveries
- Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywell ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation
- Delivered with February/March 2102 (AIRAC 2021) nav data
- Navigation data can be updated via NavDataPro and Navigraph
- Head-up Guidance System
Electronic Flight Display:
- Detailed performance calculations based on actual weight and balance and graphical display of actualized load sheet
- Transfer of weight, fuel and calculated V-speeds into the FMS, if desired
- Checklists for all flight situations
- Individual configuration settings for aircraft maintenance, preferred aircraft state when loading and additional options
- Chart display (NavDataPro Charts and Navigraph charts) with position tracking
- This option will be made available free of charge as soon as the SDK allows it!
- United Express/Go Jet N504GJ
- Private D-ALKI
- LH/EW Regional D-ACSB
- LH Cityline D-ACPF
- Air France Hop F-FGRZH
- American Eagle N508AE (New Colours)
- Alaska Airlines N215AG
- Delta Connection/SkyWest N608SK
- Delta Endeavor N391CA
- Eight manuals, including detailed step-by-step documentation
- Immersive sounds created using Wwise (so full FS standards)
- Compatible with Honeycomb and newest Thrustmaster TCA controllers
- Many new options to tweak the product to your likings and your hardware
Thanks to Threshold Discord user no_bot for tipping us off to the release.
The CRJ 550/700 variants can be purchased on the Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for €42.00 (USD $50.80). The developer has revealed that an expansion pack that includes the 900/1000 variants will be released at a future date. Users can choose to purchase this pack for an extra €16.75 (USD $20.25).
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.