Airport Istanbul XP In Development by Aerosoft, Stairport and SceneryTR Design
May 5, 2021
Istanbul Airport is Aerosoft’s latest announcement for X-Plane 11, following a string of previews, announcements and releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Developed in conjunction with Stairport and SceneryTR Design, the trio have created a “highly detailed virtual replica of the airport buildings and its surroundings,” making use of the usual suite of tech X-Plane can utilise for scenery.
Photorealistic textures top buildings and the ground, whilst custom animated vehicles and jetways are powered by Stairport’s Scenery Animation Manager.
Aerosoft did not provide any further information, other than a feature list.
- Highly detailed virtual replica of the airport buildings and its surroundings
- Photorealistic textures on airport buildings and vehicles
- Custom high resolution ground textures, detailed markings and full PBR
- Custom 3D Taxiway signs
- Animated jetways, VDGS and marshaller (SAM Plugin required)
- Custom animated vehicles (SAM AirportVehicles required)
- HDR night lighting
- Custom surroundings with hand placed autogen and water
- Realistic static aircrafts included
- Custom road layout
- Seasonal texture adaptions (SAM Plugin required)
- Compatible with Ortho4XP
- Navdata AIRAC 2104 included
Although not Turkey's capital, Istanbul is the country's largest city and the most populous in Europe.
Istanbul Airport is a relatively new airport, having been constructed in the 2010s to replace Istanbul Atatürk Airport.
It could also be expanded to a total capacity of 200 million passengers per year if the full development takes place.
It has been almost three months since Aerosoft swung attention in the direction of X-Plane with the release of Split (LDSP) in February.
Prior to that was a release for Alta Airport for X-Plane 11, back in December last year.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.