Threshold Exclusive: Aerosoft/Stairport Berlin-Brandenburg Releasing Next Week
Our friends at Stairport Sceneries are mere days away from releasing their latest X-Plane scenery, Berlin Brandenburg Airport (EDDB), developed in partnership with Aerosoft, LimeSim and 29Palms. The under construction airport is billed as the replacement for the areas ageing and congested main airfield, Berlin Tegel (EDDT).
Stairport Sceneries' X-Plane rendition of EDDB was first announced in November last year and is based on the Prepar3D "Professional" version first released in March 2018 by Aerosoft.
Head developer Marten has kindly sent us some exclusive images to share, along with a release target for BER:
"SXF/BER will be released at the beginning of next week"
The feature list for the X-Plane version of BER was released back in January, which you can view below:
- Highly detailed rendition of Berlin Brandenburg International Airport "Willy Brandt" (BER)
- Custom animated approach lights (SAM Plugin required)
- All jetways animated (SAM Plugin required)
- Includes the older Schönefeld (SXF) airport (north of BER) with the same level of detail
- Includes two configs to switch between SXF and BER operation
- Numerous dynamic objects like apron vehicles
- High resolution day and night textures
- Extensive coverage of over 100 km² with high resolution aerial imagery (0.2-0.4 m/px)
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Ground Layout: End of 2018
- Compatible with default AI-Traffic and WorldTraffic 3
A notable addition to the feature list is full Scenery Animation Manager plugin (SAM) compatibility, coincidentally also developed by Stairport Sceneries. The plugin, which you can download here, essentially allows the addition of a bunch of moving parts into sceneries, such as multi-door moving jetways, animated ground staff and operable hangar doors. See more about SAM in our exclusive article about the plugin from last year.
You can see more about Aerosoft/Stairport Sceneries Berlin Brandenburg XP by viewing one of our previous articles.