CremonaSoft A310-304 in Development
If you are looking for an old school airbus, a new brand has been formed: CremonaSoft. The sole representative of CremonaSoft on the forums has quietly been developing their rendition of the A310 for quite some time.
Earlier today, a support forum labeled “A310 by CremonaSoft” popped up on the org. The user named “CremonaSoft” on the org forums has a picture featuring an A310 running in X-Plane as his profile banner. We’ve done a little investigation and approached the user, and the developer has clarified and confirmed that he is indeed been developing an A310, and will soon be ready to release it.
It seems that the initial release of the A310 wouldn’t be complete by most definitions, akin to Magknight’s 787, a cumulative series of improvements and additions would continually be released over time. The developer has made clear that “as with most of these projects, it’s a perpetual work in progress- and a few features will be added over time. It’s out for review imminently, and is likely to be released in the next few weeks… We’ve been working on this A310 for a very long time now- and have invested huge amounts of time and effort into this project. … we just hope that people will enjoy flying it.”
Here is the full proposed feature list from the announcement:
- Accurate weight distribution.
- Nice flight model.
- Accurate, high quality external models for fuselage, wings, stabilizers and engines- derived from measurements for the real aircraft.
- All control surfaces (slats, flaps, ailerons, spoilers, rudder, elevators, THS) accurately animated.
- Engine reverser animations.
- Detailed landing gear with claw angle and full animation.
- Open/close animations for both cockpit windows and all exterior doors.
- Highly detailed 3D cockpit with super-sharp 4K+ textures and 3D lighting.
- Detailed 3D gauges, counters, switches and knobs with animations.
- Metallic surface and glass reflection effects in X-Plane 11 render engine.
- Detailed flight control and throttle animations.
- Crisp 3D cabin.
- Super-sharp external textures.
- Accurate 3D reproduction of all external aircraft lighting.
- Custom APU start-up and running parameters.
- Custom electrical system with AC/DC BUS simulation logic.
- Custom pneumatic system with bleed-air logic.
- Cabin temperature simulation.
- Hydraulic system logic simulation.
- Fuel system logic simulation.
- Engine start and crank (windmill).
- Complete exterior lighting control.
- Slats/flaps operation with accurate timings.
- Takeoff configuration test system.
- Landing gear operation with accurate timings and gear status test.
- Brake ‘Accu Press’ logic simulation.
- Pitch (with trim wheel animation), aileron and rudder trim.
- General Electric CF6-80C2, with realistic performance and custom engine sound.
- Airbus flight phase logic implementation.
- Flight warning computer implementation, with aural warnings and decision height + altitude callouts (integrated into the flight phase logic).
- Custom PDF and ND displays with close reproduction of graphical and functional operation.
- Custom ECAM system and displays (warnings display + systems display), with integration into the flight phase logic.
- PFD supports: full artificial horizon operation, heading scale, speed scale, target speed, target altitude, flight director, flight path vector, flight path angle, windshear annunciator, radio altitude, ILS localizer and glide slope index + scale, decision height annunciator.
- ND supports: rose view, arc view, map view, plan view, display scale, aircraft heading, aircraft track, ILS data + scales, VOR + heading, ADF bearings.
- ECAM warnings display supports: Red + Amber warnings list, status page.
- ECAM systems display supports all systems pages.
- Custom Vertical Velocity Indicator.
- Independent pilot/co-pilot electronics (in preparation for future shared cockpit operations).
- ILS receiver and control panel with adjustable frequency and heading.
- VOR 1 & 2 receivers and panels with adjustable frequencies and headings.
- ADF 1 & 2 receivers and panels with adjustable frequencies.
- VHF 1 & 2 comms radios and panels with adjustable frequencies.
- (A/THR) Auto throttle with speed/Mach hold, (ALT.HLD) altitude hold, (LVL CH) level change, (HDG SEL) heading select, (V/L) VOR/Localizer mode, (LAND) auto land.
- Command mode.
- Control wheel steering mode.
Hi-res A310-304 liveries:
- Airbus House colours (F-WZLK).
- Air Transat (C-GSAT).
- Air Jamaica (N837AB).
- S7 Airlines (VP-BSZ).
Hi-res A310-304 MRTT liveries:
- Luftwaffe, Hans Grade (10+26).
- Microsoft Windows 64bit/32bit. (Mac/Linux not yet supported, but in the pipeline...)
- X-Plane 11 or 10.50+.
- Intel Core i3 processor or equivalent.
- 1.5GB hard disk space.
- 8GB System memory.
- Dedicated 3D graphics processor with minimum 512MB dedicated video memory.
- Standard Operating Procedures for: Preliminary Cockpit Preparation, Cockpit Preparation, Before Pushback or Start, Engine Start, After Engine Start, Taxi, Before Takeoff, Takeoff, After Takeoff, Standard Approach, Visual Approach, Landing, Go-Around, After Landing, Parking, Securing The Aircraft.
- System Documentation for: Electrical System, APU, Pneumatic System, Engine Start, Flight Instruments, Navigation Equipment.
After the initial release, the developer plans to implement more features, continually expanding the feature list, such as currently working towards a fully featured, custom Sperry FMS with Autopilot integration (NAV+PROFILE modes), along with expansion of ECAM warnings.
Though the pricing of this aircraft isn’t confirmed yet, it will definitely an interesting project to follow in the new few weeks. We’ll be taking a close look and providing coverage of this project in the weeks to come.
UPDATE: The developer has formally announced the A310 on the .org forums. Read the announcement here: LINK