FSimStudios & Canada4XPlane Release Kelowna International Airport (CYLW)
The first collaborative airport between FSimStudios and Canada4XPlane has been released for X-Plane 11.
Kelowna International Airport (CYLW) was originally developed by FSimStudios for Prepar3D, but the developer announced a partnership with Canada4XPlane ten days ago to allow their sceneries to exist in X-Plane 11.
The duo have released CYLW earlier than originally planned, as they announced it to be dropping in the first week of June.
The work method between the two will see Canada4XPlane use assets from FSimStudios and rebuild airports from scratch.
Currently on sale on FSimStudios' website, the features list is as follows:
- High detailed representation of Kelowna International Airport CYLW.
- Detailed Representation of the Kelowna General Hospital Heliport CKH9.
- 330sqKm of 0.42 cm/pix seasonal Orthoimagery, covering the entire city of Kelowna.
- Custom Made objects for the city of Kelowna, including the William R. Bennet Bridge, shopping malls, hotels and more
- Ultra-High Resolution (4K) Textures.
- Dynamic Lighting.
- Custom Autogate Jetways
- Volumetric grass
- Ambient Occlusion
- XPlane 11 Dynamic lighting
- WT3 Compatibility
- Optional static aircraft download package: http://canada4xplane.weebly.com/scenery-libraries.html
Owners of the Prepar3D version are eligible for a discount, available to check out here.
The airport costs €17.99 or US $19.99, and can be purchased through FSimStudios' website.