FlyJSim releases the 727 V3 Pro
Originally slated for a Friday release, FlyJSim has suprised us all with their highly anticipated 727 V3 being released earlier that expected. As covered previously, V3 Pro comes with all of the goodies seen in their previous flagship product (the 737-200) sans passenger cabin modelling - So users can expect stunning visuals, with brand new textures adopting X-Plane 11's PBR.
Like the 737, new FJS sound developer Daniela Careri has also produced ear-candy FMOD sounds for the 727. Users can experience satisfying and realistic screech of the JT8D engines at full power, and hear every click and switch in the cockpit.
V3 also embraces other X-Plane 11 features; full compatibility with VR, and a redesigned menu with scalable graphics to suit different screen resolutions - for those who loves their retina displays, and high pixel density screens this is a major win!
Marketed as a study-level product but approachable for the casual simmer, the 727 was developed in collaboration with real 727 pilots for inputs on the aircraft's behaviour and systems; all three variants of the JT8D engine with individual performance tuned across the full flight envelope. Custom coding drives control surfaces, hydraulic pressures, blow-down effects and standby control surface modes in the event of failures.
What's most exciting about the new version is a newly developed Maintanance System, that brings persistent maintanance and failures - this means the plane will progressively wear down with every flight, much akin to PMDG's Global Flight Operations mechanism.
Full feature list for Systems:
Designed with input and testing by former 727-200 pilots and mechanics.
- FD-108 flight director that is fully independent from the autopilot. All modes accurately modeled and with accurate mode interlocks and animation.
- SP-150 autopilot accurately modeled including MAN G/S intercept mode and altitude capture. Accurate mode interlocks and animation.
- Altitude alert system acquisition and deviation modes and flaps 30/40 cutout modeled.
- Autobrake system modeled to match real world data
- Fully custom weather radar modeling. We now simulate realistic cloud reflectivity, radar scanning, energy attenuation, and interference.
- Full TCAS integration into a VSI instrument, including full TA/RA. Compatible with the Pilotedge network.
- Accurate simulation of an APU, ground power, generator paralleling and sync lights system.
- Every annunciator light is push to test. Bulbs burn out, so be sure to spot the burnt out bulbs during preflight!
- Independent and functional navigation and communication systems, including separate nav radios, adf radios, VHF radios and more.
- Bleed systems and performance physically modeled, and respond to temperature, altitude, wear, and humidity.
- Pressurization and environmental cabin control systems faithfully modeled. Get the packs on before loading passengers on a hot day, and watch the cabin temp cool as the sun sets. Auto, Standby, AC and DC manual modes all faithfully modeled. Aft cabin zone heating system is modeled. Duct overheats and pack trips and resets are modeled.
- FMC and CIVA units realistically coupled to pilot HSI for improved situational awareness
- Fully custom hydraulic systems and electrical busses
- Instrument Comparator
- GPWS including test functionality
- Warning systems
- Fire protection systems
- Weather radar
Existing owners of the 727 may upgrade to the new V3 Pro at half the price, make sure to double check under your "FlyJSim 727 Series Professional V2" order. Then apply the code to your final purchase for version 3.