GeoReality Releases First Global Forests Volume For Europe
A new developer under the name GeoReality has released their own forest replacement package, focusing not only on textures but placement using real-world data.
Global Forests installs trees in the world of X-Plane 11, using "never-before seen" technology. The developer explained on the X-Plane.org product page: The entire planet is scanned and analysied to produce a vegetation map containing density, foliage details including specimen and height. This is then translated into X-Plane through Global Forests, using the data from the scan into the placement of vegetation in X-Plane.
The end result is gradual, natural looking vegetation placement that would blend well with orthoimgaery. Replacing all default and any other vegetation add-on previously installed, the product is independent with its own set of textures and tree classifications based on real-world data.
Their first volume contains data to cover Europe, whilst future iterations will expand to north aMERICA (United States and Canada) in the near future. Here are the features:
- Accurate representation of the Global forest footprint in XPlane11, according to global data
- More than 7,000 .for files, with unique combination of tree type, variation, density, and height, based on real-world data
- Tree type and classifications according to global data
- Tree height information has been analysed from global maps and infused into Global Forests
- Complete set of textures to match all classes of global trees
- Seamless integration with Ortho4XP, or any other package that includes satellite images
- Seamless integration with default X-Plane11 terrain
macOS users will unfortunately have to sit out on this one for the time being, the product only supports Windows.
Purchase Global Forests [Vol.1 Europe] for $11 on X-Plane.org: PURCHASE
Special thanks to Hurri Cane on our Discord server for the tip!