HoldMyBeer Releases Freeware SR22 Turbo G6
June 1, 2020
For more than a year, Ben Willim and Till Vennefrohne of HoldMyBeer have worked on an SR22 Turbo G6, and today finally sees the aircraft's release for X-Plane 11 - for free.
The Cirrus SR22 is a popular GA aircraft manufactured using composite materials, that has been in service for nearly two decades.
Well over six-thousand units have been produced to date and is equipped with the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS).
According to the developer's website, "the SR22T simulation comes with a great 3D-Model, including outside elements like TANIS, GPU, Chocks, Covers and Tiedowns."
- Animated 3D-Model
- Modeled exterior parts like Tiedowns, TANIS, GPU, Covers,....
- Customized X-Plane G1000
- EVS (Outside Camera)
- Load Manager / Weight and Balance
- Moving Airport Map (based on OSM)
- AviTab integration
- ASXP Integration
- VATSIM / IVAO integration
- Failures based on wear and tear
- Birdstrike simulation
- Custom sounds
- Custom particle effects
- ADSB Map
- VSD Vertical Situation Display
- Aerodrome Information System
- Fully functional KeyPad to quickly enter / change the flightplan
- Quick-Select for NAV / COM Freuqencies
- Pilot health simulation
- Digital Checklists in the G1000
- Icing Simulation
- Radio-Panel can control Windows-Media software like Spotify,...
- VATSIM's xPilot integration on VU-Meter
Furthermore, all buttons and circuit breakers are clickable in the cockpit, with "superb lighting" to boot.
"We are collecting money for a german children hospice," the duo said regarding donations. "Every penny helps - Do not give your money to us, give it to these little children who really need attention!"
The aircraft is completely free of charge at the HoldMyBeer website.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.