Imminent: Orbx TrueEarth US Washington
Over on the Orbx forum, team member Iain Emms posted his final screenshots of Orbx's upcoming product TrueEarth US Washington. The post indicates the very near closure of Orbx's latest TrueEarth scenery, which was initially announced in late April.
In what Orbx called their "most anticipated announcement of the year" at FlightSimExpo 2019, Washington is their first foray in North America for their True Earth series.
The feature list for TrueEarth US Washington is as follows:
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed especially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modeled PBR 3D POIs!
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings added to Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick and Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
TrueEarth Washington will be available for AUD $69.95 (approx. USD $49.70/ €44.25 / £38.20) (Note: this excludes the optional HD package, see below)
Also mentioned at the Expo was an Ultra HD version that will be available for an additional $14.95 AUD (approx. USD $10.60/ €9.45 / £8.15).
The HD version will feature:
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel's Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures
Orbx's True Earth Washington will be available in the very near future for AUD $69.95 (approx. USD $49.70/ €44.25 / £38.20), to view the final screenshots on the Orbx forum, click here. To view previous articles regarding TrueEarth Washington, click here. To view Threshold's coverage of Orbx at FlightSimExpo 2019, click here.