Just Flight Announce Robin DR400
The in-house Just Flight team are actively working on their next aircraft, the Robin DR400.
Announced through social media channels such as Facebook, the developer will make this aircraft for FSX and Prepar3D firstly, and port the aircraft to X-Plane 11 at a later date.
As a result of this, all screenshots in this news article are from the ESP platform and not X-Plane.
As noted on the product page, the specific model in the works is G-BEUP, located at Goodwood Aerodrome in the United kingdom.
The exact type is the Robin DR400-180 Regent. it has four seats, fixed tricycle gear and a 180 horsepower engine.
With a forward sliding canopy, high visibility and payload capacities, the aircraft is suited for touring and flight training at 130 knots.
"The model will take advantage of the latest technologies such as PBR to produce stunning visual fidelity. The DR400 is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. The package will feature liveries from the UK, USA, Europe and Australia."
It is likely that Thranda Design, who have ported Just Flight's aircraft to X-plane 11, will do the honours for the DR400. This will be similar to their PA-38 Tomahawk, announced back in March.
The full feature list for the FSX/Prepar3D version is seen below:
- Accurately modelled Robin DR400-180 Regent, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including sliding canopy, luggage door and engine exhaust
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- PBR materials (requires P3D v4.4 or later)
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Authentic fuel and RPM gauge needle ‘wobble’
- Dimmable instrument lighting
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight, including engine start
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Flight1 GTN and GNS integration in the virtual cockpit (Flight1 GTN/GNS sold separately)
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers for isolating instruments and systems
- Functioning carburettor heat and primer controls, including primer simulation for cold weather operations
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Refill menu for quick and easy refilling of fuel and oil, and recharging of the battery
- The DR400 will be supplied with a range of liveries from the UK, USA, Europe and Australia.
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from pilots
- Authentic sound set with custom sounds for switches, canopy, primer control, wind noise and more
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes