Just Flight Further Previews the PA-28 Warrior II for Microsoft Flight Simulator
June 12, 2021
Following the release of their PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Just Flight have shared more previews of their next aircraft for the simulator - the PA-28-161 Warrior II.
Through a post on their ‘in development’ page on their website, the developer has shared eight new photos of the aircraft, detailing the ‘remainder of the liveries, various bits of exterior and cockpit model/texture detail that also show off some of the differences in those areas versus our already released PA-28R Arrow III and the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV”.
According to Just Flight, the aircraft is being developed by “Just Flight’s in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real life Warrior II, G-BOZI”. The aircraft also features a native model and 4K fully PBR textures.
A lengthy feature list has been provided by Just Flight, but the main notable features can be seen below:
- Accurately modelled PA-28-161 Warrior II, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data, and input from Warrior pilots
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.