Just Flight Releases PA-28R Turbo Arrow for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Just Flight’s most recent model for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III IV has released early Friday morning.
The Turbo Arrow includes 4k textures, Custom EFB, Ground equipment and full support for MSFS particle effects.
The list of features can be viewed below:
- Accurately modelled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs and pushback towbar
- 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information:
- - 'Cold & Dark', 'Ready for Take-off' and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
- - Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
- - Automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long-distance cross-country flights
- - GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- - Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
- - Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
- - Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
- - Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- - KMA 20 audio selector unit
- - KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
- - KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
- - KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
- - Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (altitude hold clickspot included)
- - KT 76A transponder unit
- - KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
- - GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
- - HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter with mb and inHg barometric scales depending on units of measure set
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Engine turbocharger fixed wastegate and overboost simulation (progressive engine failure due to overboost if wastegate fails, with EFB, controls for monitoring and resetting engine damage/failure)
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long-distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
- Realistic landing gear system with emergency and automatic release at low airspeeds
- Functioning alternate air and static source controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- The lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light/radio light rheostat
- Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires an electric trim button to be pushed)
- Functional ELT which is automatically triggered above 4.6G
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
The Just Flight Turbo Arrow III and IV feature an MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities. Every little detail has been faithfully recreated based on high-fidelity recordings from real-life PA-28s.
- Original Lycoming TSIO-360 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical systems
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Authentic retractable gear whistle
- Background panel rattle on low engine RPMs and more!
Included with the download are both the Turbo Arrow III & IV, the most distinctive differences being the tail design, with the arrow III having a conventional tail and the lV having a unique T-tail. Just Flight also stated that the flight dynamics are accurate based on real-world performance, handling data, and input from real-world pilots.
The Turbo Arrow was originally developed for the Prepar3D platform, later converted to X-Plane 11 in early 2019. The team has now converted the aircraft to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The aircraft can be bought on Just Flight’s website here, retailing for 44.99 USD.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.