Just Flight Releases Massive Update to the F-15 Eagles for MSFS
February 24, 2021
Announced via their Facebook page, Just Flight has released an extensive update to their F-15 Eagles for Microsoft Flight Simulator, bringing a plethora of changes to the product.
If you weren’t aware, the F-15 for Microsoft Flight Simulator was developed by DC Designs and released back in January, marking the developer’s first product for the simulator.
Included in this update is a completely new sound set for the aircraft, flight model fixes, and much more. You can view the full changelog below.
BUG FIXES (all variants):
- Flickering light in virtual cockpits: FIXED
- Control column top Ngons: FIXED
- Ailerons reversed in VC view: FIXED
- Cockpit camera left view error: FIXED
- HSI and CDI INOP: Fixed for full VOR/DME navigation
- Cold and dark ramp start: FIXED
- HSI distance and course read-outs: FIXED
- HUD hard to read in bright light: FIXED (see ADDITIONS below)
- HUD AoA bracket not visible: FIXED
- HDG and CRS knobs not working correctly: FIXED
- ILS detection invalid: FIXED
- GPS/NAV switch not present: FIXED
- Fuel flow indicators inaccurate: FIXED
- INOP generator switches: REMOVED (not functioning correctly in MSFS)
- INOP master-start switch: REMOVED (Event Master Start All not available in MSFS as a “switch”)
- INOP Hydraulic switches: REMOVED (F-15 has engine-driven hydraulic system)
- To/From flags missing from HSI: FIXED
- Floodlight switch reversed: FIXED
- Some internal PBR surfaces not displaying: FIXED
- Heading knob working but not animating: FIXED
- Toe-brakes too weak: FIXED
- F-15D gyro-compass acting like whiskey compass: FIXED
- Tailhook handle INOP: FIXED
- Tailhook external INOP: FIXED
- Rain and snow entering cockpit: FIXED
- Throttles not responding at low RPM setting: FIXED
- WWise custom sound set from SimAcoustics, unique engine sounds for Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 and Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 plus internal cockpit sounds, sound attenuation, AI sounds, 3D sound and more...
- Exterior PBR effects enhanced with new metallic texture sheets for a more realistic surface finish
- Further enhancements to the aerodynamics and engine files (in collaboration with, and with permission of, expert modders "CodenameJack447", "Severus" and "Silent")
- Icing effects added to canopy and windshield
- Mild "tint" added to the windshield for better HUD visibility in bright sunlight
- Scratches on canopy glass enhanced for greater visibility
- Anti-Ice switch added for windshield
- HUD power switch added to all versions on HUD control panel
- Fuel gauge read-out simplified to total fuel weight (pounds)
- Hz ADF dial added (KHz dial can also be tapped to change Hz frequency)
- Checklists added to the in-sim Dropdown menu
You can purchase DC Design’s F-15 Eagle’s from the Just Flight Store for $40.99.
The source post for this article is available via Just Flight's Facebook page.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.