Just Flight Releases Avro Vulcan
Just Flight has made available through their website X-Plane 11’s latest bomber, the legendary Avro Vulcan B. The pack includes the Mk.2, K.2 and MRR versions.
The Avro Vulcan is an iconic cold-war era strategic bomber built for the UK’s Royal Air Force, first built by Avro and later on by Hawker-Siddeley Aviation. The aircraft made its first flight in August 1952 and was produced 136 times. After 63 years of service and numerous modernizations and improvements, the Vulcan was finally retired in 2015.
Just Flight made a video showcasing the aeroplane:
The pack includes three variants of the long-range bomber, first is the Mk.2, a modernized version of the original Vulcan with new engines and new advanced systems. The K.2 version was a converted air-to-air refueler with a central Hose Drum Unit and finally, the MRR is an Mk.2 converted for maritime radar reconnaissance, recognizable by its light-grey underside.
A full feature list is available on Just Flight's website but we included a shorter version here:
- Accurately modelled Avro Vulcan B Mk2, K.2 and MRR built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (XM655)
- Many detailed animations
- A range of payload options, selectable via a custom 2D panel
- Ability to configure external model options for each livery
- Olympus 201 and 301 engine nozzle types
- Ground equipment
- 4096x4096 textures
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials
- Detailed normal mapping
- Detailed 3D virtual cockpit
- Interactive checklists
- Aircraft configuration system
- Realistic V/UHF radio unit
- Fully functioning magnetic indicators, warning lights and push-to-test buttons
- Numerous custom-coded systems
- Airbrakes, bomb doors and brake-chute can be operated using standard control assignments
- The Vulcan B Mk2 is supplied with eleven paint schemes covering its life in RAF service
- The Vulcan K.2 is supplied with four paint schemes
- The Vulcan MRR is supplied with two paint schemes
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics
- Authentic sound set using FMOD
- Dedicated pop-up window for sound mixing
- PSD Paint Kit included
- Custom lighting
The developer included a list of minimum requirements to run the add-on:
- X-Plane 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5GHz or faster
- 8GB RAM or more
- DirectX 12-capable graphics card from nVidia, AMD or Intel with at least 4GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
- Windows 10 / 7 / Vista / XP, MAC OS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
- 2GB hard drive space
The Just Flight Avro Vulcan is available for sale on Just Flight's Store for USD49.99.
Yesterday, Just Flight released the Vulcan’s manual, check out our article about it.