Orbx Releases Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW)
It's taken just a tad over 24 hours for Orbx to release their latest X-Plane/Prepar3D project, after yesterday's announcement of Tacoma Narrows Airport - interestingly, it is the first all-new airport from the company in Washington State in "many years".
The Kitsap Peninsula's main airport is designed from the ground up by a new group of UK developers, the announcement highlighting the particular detail they have put into the various FBOs at the Narrows field.
Orbx's "The City of Destiny" features:
- PBR implementation
- Accurate modeling and superb textures
- Static aircraft, clutter and equipment
- Volumetric grass and HD trees
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge modeled
- Great GA airport location and a departure point for other Orbx airports in the area
- First new Orbx airport in Washington for many years!
- Debut airport from our new UK in-house team of developers
The developers have smashed their "next weekend" release timeline for this airport, launching a full 4 days before scheduled. In addition to this good news, the team are offering a limited time multi-platform bundle, with discounted prices on both the X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D sceneries if bought together. It runs to the January 3rd 2020 and saves 25% on both products. You can purchase the bundle here for $52.42 AUD (approx. US$35.80 | €32,32 | £27.54).
If you're only interested in the X-Plane edition of the scenery, you can find it for $34.95 AUD (approx. US$23.87 | €21,55 | £18.36) on Orbx Direct.