Orbx Announces Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW)
Orbx's founder John Venema took to his company's forum today to announce the group's latest project for both X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D, centering around the Kitsap Peninsula's Tacoma Narrows Airport.
The airport is designed from the ground up by a new group of UK developers, with Venema highlighting the particular detail they have put into the various FBOs at the Narrows field.
He says that Tacoma Narrows Airport is "the perfect excuse to fly across the region of Washington".
The feature list of the scenery includes:
- PBR implementation for both P3Dv4 and XP11
- Accurate modeling and superb textures
- Static aircraft, clutter and equipment
- Volumetric grass and HD trees
- Tacoma Narrows Bridge modeled
- Great GA airport location and a departure point for other Orbx airports in the area
- First new Orbx airport in Washington for many years!
- Debut airport from our new UK in-house team of developers
Venema compares Tacoma Narrows to the release of their recent Edinburgh scenery by GayaSimulation, saying it will be released simultaneously for both simulator platforms.
In terms of release window, the developers are aiming for this coming weekend or earlier. As always, Threshold will keep you posted.
You can check out additional previews for the X-Plane and Prepar3D editions of the scenery on the forum thread here.