Landmarks Melbourne by Orbx Now Available
June 11, 2022
Home to the Australian Open, the Australian Grand Prix, and Orbx's Australian Headquarters, Melbourne is the group's latest destination in the Landmarks series and was made available yesterday.
The product boasts another 200 points of interest over the simulator's default skyline from World Update 7 -- which Orbx also had a hand in creating.
"Welcome to the cultural and sports capital of Australia and the hometown of Orbx!" reads the product description. "With about a third of its current five million residents born outside of Australia, Melbourne’s skyline mirrors its inhabitants’ diversity, from Gold Rush and Victorian architecture to ultra-modern skyscrapers."
The feature list reads:
- More than 200 custom buildings and structures.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Melbourne and adjacent industrial areas.
- Helipads on several rooftops, as well as on floating platforms along the Yarra River.
- Animated Hot Air Balloons north of the CBD, visible on mornings with clear weather.
- Animated CBD Metro trains on the viaduct between Flinders and Southern Cross stations.
- Animated racehorses on Moonee Valley and Flemington racecourse.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, marinas, tall powerline towers, etc.
- Precise placement of our custom landmarks within the simulator’s terrain and the city’s photogrammetry coverage.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.
- Fully compatible with World Update 7 Australia and meant to be used with it.
Landmarks Melbourne is available for $17.89 AUD (US$12.62 | €11,99 | £10.24) from OrbxDirect. To see more images, check out a previous article.
Tailstrike Designs and Windsock Simulations Release Airport Bergamo V2 for X-Plane 11
WF Scenery Studios Releases Beijing Capital International Airport (ZBAA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.