Microsoft Flight Simulator France/Benelux World Update Now Available
April 14, 2021
In a new post, Asobo have announced the release of the France / Benelux World Update IIII for Microsoft Flight Simulator, bringing a number of new locations and airports inside of Benelux to a high level of detail, as well as fixing numerous bugs and issues in the simulator.
Asobo talks about the update on the post, saying, “In the heart of Western Europe, embrace the spirit of another age intermingled with modern influences and sensibilities as you explore a wealth of sights on display — from seaside communities to urban centers, idyllic vineyards to epic mountain ranges and world-famous resort towns — all of which now feature stunning upgrades and visual enhancements”.
On top of many new points of interest, Asobo have also patched, fixed and added many things in the Flight simulator, changing areas in the world, UI, planes, input, activities, and the SDK. A full changelog can be found below:
- Fixed reduction of tree display distance that was caused by smaller tree sizes
- Water mask has been updated with latest locations
- Localization has been added for Japanese and Dutch
- Incorrect fuel weight calculation when switching planes in the “Weight and Balance” screen has been fixed
- S7 Airbus A320neo livery has been added
- KLM Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner livery has been added
- Fixed screens not turning on under rare circumstances
- Fixed black screens for various Aviat Pitts Special S2S liveries
- Fixed altitude and standard altitude calculations to fix the altimeter behavior (Now correctly calculates altitude based on altimeter pressure setting and outside pressure)
- Updated Diamond DA40NG speed, ground roll and fuel consumption
- Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed
- Fix sim rate speed change according to the various activity types
- Autopilot has been fixed in the second tutorial
- Added a new feature on the DevMode toolbar to let you know when a new release is available for download. It also includes the release notes for this update and the previous ones
- Improved the DevMode font, which could be blurry on some screens
- Added an Airport Creation Wizard to ease the creation of new airports
- New option to flag if a package is designed for Xbox and/or PC. This is mainly in preparation for some transparent changes in the back-end and shouldn’t affect your current work. Simply select this option if you consider releasing your content on Xbox via the in-game marketplace in the future.
- Massive update to the Scenery Editor documentation
- Added External Installer Sample
- Added a page about VR for cockpits
- Added liveries sample
- Split « Documentation » tab in 2 links, « Open local » which is downloaded with the SDK update or « Open online » which redirects to docs.flightsimulator.com
- Fixed a bug on Taxiway Sign properties to prevent from typing invalid characters
- Removed inactive options: Cast shadow & No Snow
- Fixed a crash when using Importer from AP
- Fixed a bug that didn’t show object test radius when selected
- Fixed a bug on taxiway lines that were no longer displayed
- Fixed a buffer overflow on Display Name
- Fixed a crash when exiting « one-click placing » with Properties window visible
- Added a button to remove material from polygons
- Implemented the Delete Key as a way to delete individual points on polygons-based objects (painted lines, apron, polygons…)
- The Initial Zoom value in the Camera tab is now capped to 20
- Fixed execute_calculator_code proxy and added more security to it
- Exposed ROTATION_ACCELERATION_BODY_X/Y/Z Simvars
A full list of new points of interest was also included, notably listing Amiens Cathedral, Carcassonne, the Eiffel Tower, and the Palais de Justice. Among these, there are a plethora of cathedrals, bridges and other important landmarks. A full list of the additions can be found in the original post.
On top of thesee, there are a handful of handcrafted airports, new photogrammetric cities and two new activities. Megéve Airport, Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport are now available as handcrafted airports. Paris and Amsterdam are now available as photogrammetric cities, as well as 100 additional airports being given visual and logical improvements. Finally, there is a new landing challenge at La Salette and two new bush trips, one in the Pyrenees and one in the Alps.
To install the new world update, Asobo first recommends that you move your community package(s) to another folder before updating. Launching the simulator should install the in-game content update, and after that you will be able to open the Marketplace and download the World Update for France/Benelux.
You can view the source post and the full points of interest list via the Microsoft Flight Simulator website.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.