Military Visualizations Updates DHC-3T to Version 1.2
A patch for owners of the Military Visualizations DHC-3T for X-Plane 11 is now available for download. Version 1.2 contains a couple of additions, several improvements and bug fixes to the aircraft, including portable oxygen and a better autopilot system.
Users should have received an email, which contains the following changelog:
- New portable oxygen system allows crew to avoid hypoxia at above 10,500' MSL. Turn on/off the oxygen by clicking on the oxygen bottle valve.
- Pilot headphones can be clicked to "wear" them. Reduces ambient sound levels with headphones on.
- Autopilot tracking more accurate
- The KAP 140 autopilot now uses the HDG bug on the directional gyro for tracking NAV signals (VOR radials and localizers).
IMPORTANT! Be sure to set the HDG bug to the desired front course after engaging NAV, APR or REV modes. If you do not select the correct front course on the DG HDG bug, the autopilot will not track the NAV signal correctly. Be sure that the directional gyro is synchronized with the magnetic compass!
- The KAP 140 autopilot now has a realistic PreFlight Test startup mode
- The KAP 140 autopilot screens is arranged more accurately per the real instrument. Active modes are displayed on the top row of the screen, and Armed modes are displayed on the bottom row.
- If the user has "Remove flying surfaces when over speed or over G limits" option turned on, the flying surfaces will be removed
- Flaps geometry and elevator geometry changed to provide more control during take-off and landing
- Right elevator tab is now a servo tab. Left elevator tab operates as
- an "anti-servo" tab
- Elevator trim tab animations reversed to be correct direction of movement
- Generator switch is now the top-most toggle switch on the fuse panel behind the copilot seat
- Rain drops on starboard side rear door window now flow in the correct direction
- Exhaust smoke now properly located
- Fixed incorrect maximum and minimum propeller rotation speeds
As already mentioned, users who purchased from the developer's online store will have received an email containing the patch, as well as instructions on how to install it.
Military Visualizations stated that they have no plans to develop further aircraft for X-Plane 11 at this time, around a month after the release of the DHC-3T. Nonetheless, you can follow the developer on Facebook to keep up-to-date with their work on other platforms.
The aircraft is available for US $39.99.
Many thanks to Janis in our Discord server for sending us the news! Submit your news tips and chat with other X-Plane users in our Discord server.