Nimbus release Chicago O'Hare V3 + new shots
To end the week on a high note, a long time developer in the X-Plane scene, Nimbus Simulations have released version 3 of their KORD Chicago O'Hare scenery.
We've previously reported on the "Dynamic World" at O'Hare, which features animated people milling around the terminal and a working departure board, which through the use of a custom plugin will display flight information such as airport, time, temperature and pressure.
Our very own Garrett Yalch was kindly given the opportunity to jump into KORD V3 shortly before release just a few hours ago. Here's what he captured:
Nimbus KORD version 3 has the following features:
- New 4K orthophotos.
- Terminals with 3D interior and people.
- HDR lights.
- New 4K textures with PBR materials for the main terminals.
- Night lighting.
- New ground textures with PBR materials
- New high quality vehicles with PBR material.
- 3D trees.
- Parking lots full of cars.
- Ground markings on each gate and runway.
- Numbered jetways.
- 8 runways.
- New NE cargo area.
- Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 5 fully modeled with all concourses.
- South and North Tower.
- Every gate has a start position.
- Files for empty airport or static planes.
- WT3 ready (files included)
- Airport surroundings represented.
- World Traffic 3 ready (files included)
- GroundTraffic (plugin by Marginal)
- AutoGate plugin with custom highly detailed jetways.
- Animated people inside the terminals.
- Information screens that shows time, pressure, temperature, destination airport, departure time, delay and the amount of delay.
You can purchase Nimbus KORD V3 from the X-Plane.org store for $27.95 USD. Previous owners of the scenery can redeem a $10 discount, which is found in the receipt of the purchase.