NKDesign Releases Cessna 140 for X-Plane
February 12, 2021
In their first release since February 2020, NKDesign have launched the Cessna C140 for X-Plane 11. The developer had previously made a Columban Cri-Cri for the same simulator.
The C140 is NK's second foray into aircraft design after the aforementioned Cri-Cri, however, the developer also has experience in FMOD sound pack creation and scenery design, having created a default 747 sound pack and Brighton/Shoreham Airport previously.
The feature list is split into four parts, which are available below:
Authentic Replica of the Cessna 140
- High quality 3D model
- 4K Textures used throughout
- Aircraft makes full use of PBR material rendering, and this varies by livery
- Menu for swapping in/out various visuals and items; Add Fairings, Chocks or even a working action camera if you see fit!
- Wearable sunglasses and headset that can be seen on the pilot
- Six liveries included
- Paint kit included
Immersive 3D FMOD Soundscape
- A complete FMOD soundpack, including authentic recordings of the Continental O-200 that are affected by camera directionality
- Wearable headset affects the audio around you when worn; muffled sound, static when turned on etc
- Multiple sounds used for single switches/levers, meaning manipulators will rarely sound the same
- Convincing interior atmosphere that will change based on various conditions
- Model is FPS optimised
- Ultra HD 4K Gauges makes for easy reading
- ’Physical’ notebook serves as options menu for ergonomic convenience
Learn more about NKDesign's previous aircraft release, the Colomban Cri-Cri, in a previous article.
Alternatively, you can grab the new Cessna 140 for $20.00 USD from the X-Plane.org Store here.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.