Orbx Releases London City Airport for X-Plane
A few hours after the grand reveal of their highly sought after rendition of Innsbruck, the scenery giant is back in the spotlight with the release of London City Airport.
Known for its proximity to the CBD and the distinctively steep aircraft approach, it is an attractive arrival point for many business travelers.
Formally announced back in June, Orbx has done their magic to London City Airport, covering the entire field in PBR textures.
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response - fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground
As with all of Orbx's UK airports, they recommend you use TrueEarth GB South in conjunction with the scenery, otherwise users could experience missing forests, buildings or incorrect orthophoto blending.
You can purchase the scenery for $32.95 AUD (approx. US$22.89 | €20,54 | £18.38) from OrbxDirect.