Further Details and Screenshots of Orbx's London City Airport (EGLC) Published
London City Airport is located in the borough of Newham, central London. It has a 1.5km runway with steep 5.5 degree approaches, and can accomodate aircraft up to and including an Airbus A318 to transport passengers into and out of the airport.
The airport will utilise the following features:
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response - fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground
EGLC will soon be available to purchase from Orbx Direct for AUD $32.95 (approx. GBP £18.20 / US $22.95 / €20.50). Orbx Libraries must be updated to the latest version, and it is recommended the airport is used in conjunction with TrueEarth GB South.
For additional screenshots, see the announcement thread here.