Orbx Releases Leeds Bradford (EGNM)
Orbx has released their next airport for X-Plane 11. Designed by the same team that made London City, Leeds Bradford Airport (EGNM) is made using full PBR textures, high-definition textures, and includes EGHP heliport.
"At long last Orbx visits the Midlands with EGNM Leeds Bradford Airport! Located at Yeadon, about 7 miles northwest of Leeds and about 9 miles from Bradford," states the product page. "It was opened in October 1931 as Yeadon Aerodrome, and is still often referred to as Yeadon Airport by locals."
Jet2 and Ryanair are the airlines using the airport the most, but KLM, TUI and FlyBe are also customers.
A full list of features is detailed below.
- Full PBR representation of Leeds Bradford Airport and surroundings
- Includes EGHP Heliport one kilometre north of the airport
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB Central
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Custom animated GSE with HD people models
- SAM-controlled dynamic marshallers
- Handcrafted, realistic sloping runway
- Detailed orthoimagery and terrain
The airport is available to buy for AUD $32.95 (approx. GBP £17.95 / US $22.31 / €20.31).
Orbx has warned that whilst the airport is optimised, users should turn texture quality down to high or lower.
For additional screenshots and information, check out the product page.
The developer also recently announced three new airports for the Washington/Oregon states of America - more information here.