Parallel42 Announces New Airstrip; 'Scenes' to Sell Separately
June 7, 2022
Parallel42 continues their unique ‘scenes’ series with Mexican Mountain, a bush camping spot in Green River, Utah. The series is tailor-made for the group’s FreedomFox aircraft, which was released in December 2021.
‘Scenes’, small fictional airstrips dotted around Microsoft Flight Simulator’s backcountry, come free to customers of the FreedomFox and are stocked with plenty of room to park up on multiplayer adventures.
Edson Soriano, managing director at Parallel42 commented that the dioramas “continue bringing value to your time flying FF/F2.”
The latest creation in the series, Mexican Mountain — which has been given the fictional ICAO ‘42MX’ — has been made in collaboration with several real-world pilots operating in the area. Green River makes for a dramatic backdrop for bush flying, with large elevation changes, ridges, cliffs and pinnacles but to name a few prominent features.
“Mexican Mountain truly is…out there, the views are tremendous, & you’ll have plenty of places to practice STOL landings nearby and you’re a short hop away from Moab.”
- Runway: ~1800 ft long x 40 ft wide dirt runway. Slopes uphill slightly to the west.
- Approach Considerations: Tall trees on both sides of the runway present a hazard when landing to the east. Typically land to the west and depart to the east. Caution RC plane in the vicinity.
- Amenities: Campgrounds and fire rings. Please don’t leave food out, bears were reported in the area.
- Windsock: Yes. Located east of the runway, next to the information sign.
- Multiple runway objects and hazards contain collision boxes. (Careful tail spinners!)
- Custom created vegetation assets
- Custom terraforming in the region to match up to real-world footage
- Custom night lighting in camp areas
- Custom Soundscapes throughout the scene, explore with a drone!
- Custom RC Plane mini-scene
- Heatblur effects on fire pits
- Centrally located for bush trip adventures
- Plenty of parking for group flight staging
Mexican Mountain will be available for free to owners of the FreedomFox Complete Package (incl. all Orbx customers) and will be available separately on the Microsoft Marketplace for $7.99 USD.
Starting with Mexican Mountain, previously released ‘scenes’ will also be migrated to the Marketplace so users without the FreedomFox Complete Package can use the strips too.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.