Just Flight Releases PA-38 Tomahawk
The PA-38 Tomahawk is another General Aviation aircraft by Just Flight, now available for X-Plane 11.
The aircraft was developed by Just Flight's in-house team "following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Tomahawk, G-BNKH, based at Goodwood Aerodrome with SportAir," and converted to X-Plane with the assistance of Thranda Design.
According to the product page, the PA-38 is Just Flight's "most detailed GA model yet," with an extensive feature list of the aircraft given.
Some of the features include worn textures in the cockpit based on reference photos, interactive checklists, custom fuel and electrical systems, and is bundled with ten liveries.
Features inside the cockpit alone include:
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Dimmable cockpit lighting
- Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:
- GMA 340 audio selector
- SL30 COM1/NAV1 radio
- SL40 COM2 radio
- GTX 328 transponder
- Support for Reality GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- GoodWay compatible
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window, to aid in those pitch-black cold and dark starts at night
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronisation. All knobs, buttons and switches are configurable via the 'Manifest.json' preference file and have tooltip pop-up hints to make hooking up to hardware easier. (Just enable 'View>Show Instrument Descriptions' in X-Plane for tooltips).
For additional details on the model, aircraft systems, liveries and other features, see the full list on the product page here.
The PA-38 is a single-engine, two-seater GA aircraft that was produced between 1978-1982.
With almost 2,500 examples having rolled off the production line, it is a popular choice among casual flyers around the world, but its higher than usual stall-spin accident rate earned its nickname the 'Traumahawk.'
The aircraft is only available at Just Flight's website for GBP £27.99 as of time of writing, but other stores selling Just Flight products are expected to follow suit.
Just Flight are available to follow on Facebook and Twitter. Be sure to check out their latest work-in-progress video of Traffic Global for X-Plane 11, coming soon.