Republic P-47 Thunderbolt by FlyingIron Available Tomorrow
The duo of brothers from FlyingIron Simulations have announced their Republic P-47 Thunderbolt will be available tomorrow!
One of the most popular aircraft used by the United States of America and Allied nations, over 15,000 P-47s were built during the second World War. Its load capacity and design allowed it to succeed as both an escort fighter, and be effective in ground attacks. Its powerful Pratt & Witney R-2800-77 engine can output more than 2,800 horsepower, and allow the aircraft to reach altitudes up to 43,000 feet - higher than most commercial aircraft flying today.
The aircraft features professional 3D modelling and texturing, including PBR:
- Detailed 4K PBR Textures
- Faithful 3D Model, Markings & Decals - down to the last rivet!
- 4 Included Liveries - USAF Olive Standard, The Historical ‘Dottie Mae’, Tarheel Mal & ‘2 Big 2 Heavy’, along with a Professional Quality Paint Kit for custom liveries
- Accurate & Detailed Animations of all moving parts inside & outside the cockpit
- Complete Interior, Exterior & Recognition Lighting
Good looks need sounds to contemplate them, and the FMOD sound set included does just that:
- 40+ Custom Sounds to bring the P-47 to Life
- Full FMOD Integration for a dynamic & reactive Audio Soundscape
- Realistic 3D Spatial Audio & Distance Attenuation
- Faithful recreation of the P&W R-2800 Double Wasp Radial Engine
In addition, the flight model and engine characteristics of the P-47 show the level of detail FlyingIron Simulations have implemented:
- Code-based simulation of the Double-Wasp Engine to capture the nuances and behaviour of the real engine
- Complete Engine Modelling, including realistic Supercharger & Water Injection systems
- Complete Engine Operational Limits modelling with custom failures & realistic damage behaviour
- Flight Model Performance tested & tuned using real-life test data for a truly authentic flight
- Realistic, Code-Driven Engine Start Simulation that is dynamically affected by factors such as Weather & Temperature to capture the quirks & difficulties of starting the massive 2800 HP Radial Engine.
The systemshave been modelled just like the real P-47:
- General Electric Type G-1 Installation Automatic Pilot - custom coded to truly capture the unique quirks of the P-47N Autopilot System
- AN/ARA 8 Homing Adapter (ADF) - Unique audio based homing navigation system, accurately modelled
- Realistic Fuel systems & Behaviour - including 3 Optional External Tanks and accurate fuel transfer behaviour
- VHF Radio - Manual Tuning Capability
- Functional K-14 Gunsight
- Functional Guns - 8x .50 Cal Browning Machine Guns (Wing-Mounted)
- AN/APS-13 Tail Warning Radar
And to top it off, a few additional features to add the finishing touch:
- 3D External Pilot Model
- Optional Pop-out Garmin 430 GPS
- VR Optimized Manipulators
The aircraft will be available to purchase over at store.x-plane.org.