Orbx Releases Santa Barbara Airport For MSFS
August 23, 2020
Mega-developer Orbx has released Santa Barbara Municipal Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. The Southern California scenery was originally made for FSX/Prepar3D but has now made its way into the new simulator.
Features of Orbx’s Santa Barbara for MSFS are as follows:
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Beautiful rendition of the terminal, including interior modelling for maximum depth
- Full photogrammetry surroundings!
- Complete dynamic & emissive night lighting
- Custom vegetation and trees native to area
- Ultra high-definition GSE
- High detail, weather influenced ground poly covering both airside and landside
- Strongly optimized for good performance with complex aircraft types
- Perfect base in Southern California for both airliner and GA operations
- Developed by Misha Cajic
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport is home to a strong general aviation presence, as well as steady commercial service, with Boeing 737s, Airbus A320s, and Embraer E175s seen regularly. The airport is served by Alaska Airlines, United Airlines, and American Airlines. According to the airport’s website, almost one million passengers were served during 2019.
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport is available for purchase on Orbx Central (and likely soon on the MSFS Marketplace) for AUD $19.99 (USD $14.32 | EUR 12.14 | GBP 10.94). Previous articles about Orbx can be read here.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.