VSKYLABS Releases R66 Project
The latest helicopter to land for X-Plane (no pun intended) is the VSKYLABS R66 Turbine Project. The helicopter is the first of many Robinson helicopters in the works for X-Plane to be released.
Other developers working on Robinson helicopters include Big Tyre Productions who are working on an R22 as well as VSKYLABS also working on the R22 alongside the R44.
The Robinson R66 helicopter is a 5-seat, turbine-powered helicopter first put into production in 2010. The R66 is powered by a Rolls-Royce RR300 turboshaft which provides the lift to move the 585Kg helicopter.
Full feature list:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Robinson R66 Turbine helicopter, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.40+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Highly detailed model of the Robinson R66 helicopter.
- Robust simulation of the R66 drive train and RR300 Turbo-shaft engine: Utilizes X-Plane's new and advanced free turbine simulation.
- Autorotation capable.
- Comprehensive systems: Drive system, Hydraulics flight controls, Engine Anti-ice, Starter-generator and ignition system, Fuel system, Auxiliary fuel system, Electrical system with functional CB panel, Lighting, Annunciator panel, Cabin heater, Rotor brake and more.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready: highly interactive cockpit environment including levers, switches, fuel cut-off / shut-off guards, 3D checklist viewer, modular cyclic and more.
- Equipped with Robinson's 'later' advanced panel: a perfect mix of the traditional analog gauges and glass cockpit display.
- R66 Auxiliary fuel system.
- Fully featured G1000 (modified).
- Autopilot including SAS mode.
- Built-in Avitab Compatibility (Avitab plugin not included).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
- The project is under constant development: development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.
- STMA Autoupdater is included: project updates are fast and efficient!
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
Thanks to Discord user Janis for letting us know of the news in the Threshold Discord server.