Frank Dainese & Fabio Bellini Release Belluno - Southern Dolomites
Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellini have released the third part of their Dolomites 3D series for X-Plane 11, Belluno - Southern Dolomites, replacing their older scenery.
The Dolomites are a mountain range in the north-eastern part of Italy in between the provinces of South Tyrol, Trentino and Belluno. Located in this range, are the famous Three Peaks of Lavaredo, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The add-on covers the city of Belluno, reproducing it faithfully with over 14’000 hand placed buildings.
As usual with the developer’s 3D mountain packs, the scenery also includes Belluno Airport (LIDB) as well as 10 heliports located at strategic points in the 1200 square kilometres of the scenery. This release mainly covers the groups of Marmolada, Civetta-Moiazza and Pale di San Martino. Here is the full list of features provided by the developer in an X-Plane.org Forum post:
- 1200 sq. Km
- Belluno Airport LIDB) and over 10 Heliports in strategic sites.
- Belluno city , Longarone + Vajont dam, many valleys: Agordina, Fiorentina, Zoldana, Cordevole, Piave, Premiero ...
- Over 20,000 buildings positioned, with many buildings rebuilt.
- 10 3D models: Pale di San martino, Marmolada, Civetta, Moiazza, San Sebastiano (Tamer), Sass Set, Sagron ...
- All the vegetation mapped
- Inserted hundreds of polygons / textures to reproduce the photo-realistic terrain
- Reproduced the main skilift-plants, in particular the Marmolada with 3 sections.
- Reproduced all the main refuges in the area: Coldai, Tissi, VII ° Alpini, Carestiato, Scarpa,Città di iume, Venice Ref. ...
- The third part connects to the second (Cortina Cadore) in the North area.
We last covered the Dolomites 3D series in April of this year when Cortina Cadore had just been released. We will continue covering the series as two other parts are set to release to complete the series.
Belluno - Southern Dolomites by Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellini is currently being sold on the X-Plane.org Store for $24.95.