Mega-thread: Skyline Simulations Previews Update to KCVG
KCVG Definitive was released in early July and since then Skyline Simulations have been releasing sporadic previews of re-worked buildings in both X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D V4. Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport was Skyline's first in-house scenery release after splitting away from Icarus Simulations earlier this year, although the team have had a hand in some scenery conversions, such as Orbx's Broome (YBRM) and airports by LatinVFR (Sangster Int'l).
Developer Mac Ottlinger predicts that the update to Cincinnati could be out by early March of 2019. He says this is because they're striving for an even higher degree of realism than it is in it's current state.
Here's the feature list as it stands:
- Animated Custom 3D model Jetways
- Ground Traffic in whole airport WT3 Ready
- Randomly placed static aircraft, can be easily toggled off in the X-Plane settings
- Radar Animation
- UHD Custom Textures using the latest painting techniques
- Custom Mesh with slope runway accuracy
- Detailed with high accuracy 3D models
- PBR Materials
- Ground reflections and decals
- Custom 3D Grass and vegetation blends with orthophotos
- Custom HDR Lights billboard and spill in Terminal and Parking areas
- Ultra High resolution custom ground textures and orthoimagery for the airport
- Animated radar
- Accurate WT3 included by "Cpt. K-man"
- Hundreds of 3D custom static objects like cars, services vehicles and more
- Includes one dsf file for lower spec’s computers
- Airport Diagrams PDF