SSG Boeing 747-8i Version 2 Released
The long awaited version 2 of Supercritical Simulations' B747-8i has been released, following extensive teasing less than 24 hours prior to being put on sale. For additional previews of the aircraft, check out our article from yesterday here.
Developer Ricardo Bolognini said this of the aircraft in a forum post: "This is no mere update, in many ways it is a whole new aircraft, starting with the base model in Plane Maker working up to the 3D external model, 3D cockpit and systems/displays. It includes a new menu system using a tablet and a new sound set from Turbine Sound Studios (TSS).
"SSG is releasing the Intercontinental passenger version first and the Freighter will come later as a free upgrade for those who purchase the new version upon release."
The aircraft has the following features:
- All new fuselage closely modeled on the real one with added details
- Each door can be opened individually and is more detailed
- Added animations and details (almost all parts that can open/move on the aircraft are modeled).
- New external details such as a satellite antenna and tail camera
- New cut passenger windows instead of textures
- New vertical and horizontal stabilizers with added details
- New nacelles and engines with more details and new animations
- Reworked and more detailed landing gear/gear doors with additional animation
- Improved and more detailed leading and trailing edge flaps and added flap mechanisms
- Upper deck interior with seats/galleys and stairs to lower deck
- New wing flex and nacelle animations
- New overhead panel and buttons/switches
- New forward panel and buttons/switches
- New pedestal and buttons/switches/handles
- New miscellaneous panel and buttons/switches
- Side panels and window frames completely redone
- New cockpit seats
- Various added details
- Almost all switches function properly and independently
- IRS alignment process implemented
- More realistic fuel system with different pumps and tanks along with FUEL TANK / ENG logic
- Realistic AUTOSTART and RUNNING indicators on secondary engine displays
- Improved and more realistic air conditioning system and logic
- Better track representation on ND
- Clock and chronometer on ND working like on the real aircraft
- More realistic baro pressure logic (STD, preselected, transition altitude)
- Captain and First Officer FMCs are now independent
- FMC FIX page added
- FMC Route 2 function added
- FMC Diversion function added
- Librain rain effects (currently not working on Macs)
SSG's Boeing 747-8i version 2 is currently available for $65.00 USD from the X-Plane.org Store.
A discount of $25 USD (retailing at $40) can be had for previous owners of the plane.