VSKYLABS Announces U-15 “Pro Edition” V5
VSKYLABS has announced via an X-Plane.org forum post that they are working on an update to their Phoenix Air U-15. The full refresh is designed to take advantage of the latest X-Plane 11.35 technologies.
The developer posted multiple previews of the exterior model of the LSA (Light Sport Aircraft):
“Special focus was channeled into flight dynamics.” The aircraft is designed to use X-Plane’s new Experimental Flight Model Environment.
The Rotax 912U-engined plane comes in two versions with different wingtips (11 and 15 meters), changing the handling and allowing the motorized glider to fly like a fast and responsive light aircraft.
The addon will include:
- A superb, highly accurate flight dynamics simulation of the Phoenix U-15 S-LSA aircraft.
- Efficient (FPS wise), due to the new internal engineering structure and modeling optimizations.
- Having more "precise" interaction in VR environment (applies also in 2D usage).
- Having deeper, code-assist systems and flight dynamics algorithms.
- Including PBR.
- Including the STMA Autoupdater plugin.
- Project v5.0 will include a complementary, comprehensive Pilot Operating Handbook (POH) as well.
VSKYLABS plan to release the aircraft in August of this year and has indicated that the update will be free to owners.