VSKYLABS Releases Flight Design CTLS Project
Nearly two months ago, VSKYLABS Aerospace Simulations announced their next project for X-Plane 11, that being the Flight Design CTLS.
Today sees the experimental aircraft released, as part of the developer's 'Test-Pilot' series, designed with X-Plane 11.30+'s flight model in mind.
The aircraft itself is designed and built by Flight Design, based in Germany. Part of the CT family of aircraft, it sports a lightweight construction from composite materials, allowing a maximum range of up to 850 nautical miles, and up to 115 knots in airspeed.
'Highlights' of the project are as follows:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project: designed for use with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental flight model environment, featuring a superb flight dynamics with authentic performance and flight handling characteristics.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft (Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits without any dependencies on complementary plugins or software...delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Perfect fit for beginner and expert pilots: The VSL CTLS is featuring the standard, basic CT VFR + night pack panel. The simple and clear analog gauges layout is perfect for beginner pilots. It is also featuring an enhanced panel, which is including the addition of a notebook-based glass PFD along with a Dynon style AP74 and HS34 (these are incorporated with simplified, yet functional features).
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- STMA Autoupdater plugin is included - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets the the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development - updates are free.
Further information, as well as screenshots and more, is available on the product page at VSKYLABS' website.