xAmbience Service Pack 1 Available Now
The first major update to High Sky Tech's xAmbience weather addon is now available, adding many new features and fixing multiple post-release bugs. The plugin, initially debuted in November last year, features a custom atmosphere model with Raleigh-scattering and a custom seasons engine, which works with default terrain (it is incompatible with orthoimagery at this stage).
Announced back in February, Service Pack 1 most notably features a complete re-working of the plugin's internals intended to boost performance on lower-end systems.
Here's the change-log:
- Optimized all plugin processes
- Fully reworked code
- New raleigh scattering
- New 16 sky colors with new rendering technology
- Added checkpoint "Simulate Ice on Water"
- Added checkpoint "Passing FX"
- Added new slider "Cloud effect speed"
- Removed weather themes
- Added new slider "DSF Distanse"
- Fixed sun
- Added new 16 sky color
- Added compatibility for other addons who control default x-plane LOD and default x-plane DSF.
- Fixed feature "Dynamic lightning"
- Added new sky calculations logic
- Fixed sun logic
- Fixed alpha channel of clouds
- Fixed seasonal logic. No more reloads on high flightlevel.
- Fixed cloud altitude.
- Fixed perfomance issues (fixed boolean)
- Fixed cloud dynamic calculation logic
- Fixed sun dynamic calculation logic
- Fixed sky color dynamic calculation logic
- Added raleigh colors for dusk, sunset
- Added volume bumps for snow season
- Fixed cloud presets (added volume lightning)
- Added startup helper
- Fixed more issues with UI
- Fixed raleigh scale configuration sliders
- Fixed issues with cloud "sharping"
- Killed slider "Cloud smoothness" (replaced by new slider)
- Added cloud flow
To update your copy of xAmbience to version 1.03, re-download the product from the store of purchase. You can buy HighSkyTech's xAmbience for EUR 29.00 from the simMarket.