X-Crafts ERJ Family Released: E135, E140, E145, E145XR & Legacy 650
The Embraer family, which has been developed by X-Crafts over the past two years, has today been released. Included, is the ERJ E135, E140, E145, E145XR, and in a surprise move, also the Legacy 650.
Developed by two people, the aircraft features Steve Wilson's plugin code, including a Tekton FMS. The aircraft have been developed with the aim of a balance of visuals and systems depth, so whilst not considered "study-level", the aircraft can be flown by people of most abilities, and are ideal for short haul flights.
The aircraft includes twenty-five Easter eggs hidden all over the aircraft, and includes five liveries for the ERJs and three for the Legacy.
Links to all product pages can be found below:
Features of the aircraft can be found below, quoted from the store page:
- X-Plane 11.30 and higher compatible
- Windows, Mac and Linux compatible
- UPDATER - You can easily check for new updates right inside of X-Plane and you will automatically get the latest version. It literally takes 3 clicks of a button!
- On-screen CHECKLIST plugin
- On-screen HELP SHEET with FAQ and useful info which will get you going real quick and will solve 90% of issues that users usually ask for on the forums.
- On-Screen Control menu for door control, ground objects, GPU and engine covers.
- Pre-configured systems like on the real plane
- Realistic Avionics Startup
- Realistic flight dynamics
Systems and aerodynamics:
The systems are configured like on the real jets based on the input from our real ERJ pilots. We even have the custom AP climb and descend modes which simulate the real AP modes on the ERJs. The screens are as close to the real thing as I could have made them within my possibilities. The start up of the avionics is simulated just like in the real jets. The aerodynamics have been fine tuned to match the feel of the real jets!
- 4K High resolution textures (more important is the resolution of the actual fuselage which is 75000pixels per on meter squared)
- Highly detailed landing gears, Flaps, lights, gauges, antennas... everything :)
- Realistic wingflex animation
- Pilots in external view
- All doors are animated and controllable from the plugin menu. Main and service doors can also be opened by clicking on the levers.
- There are 5 liveries included compatible with the ERJs (White, American Airlines, American Airlines Old, United Express, ExpressJet,and 3 for the Legacy. There are dozens of other liveries available on the forums.
You'll find that there is an amazing level of detail, for example dust particles on the screens visible when light shines one them, finger prints on buttons, and if you zoom in really close to the screens you will even see individual pixels on the actual screens. I tried to make sure that the cockpit looks realistically worn out and used as it would based on how much these jets are used!
- High resolution PFD, MFD, EICAS displays
- All text around the cockpit is crisp and clear with any rendering options
- Intuitive cockpit manipulation - I have always taken great care to make the cockpit as easy to use as possible. This means all clickable areas in the cockpit are very big so that you can easily click on any button, knob or lever in the cockpit
- Each switch, lever, knob, and handle is animated
- All cockpit lights are controllable exactly as on the real jets, even the screens shine light on their surroundings
- Includes baggage pit door light
- 3D (not movable, ideal for VR) pop-up panels of the FMS, Radio panel and Thrust Rating Panel.
- The FMS also has a 2D pop up window mode that stays on the screen and you can move it around, so you can simply choose which one you want to be using based on your preference.
- Pop Up screens of the PFD MFD and EICAS
- Realistic Exterior Lighting: NAV, Strobe, Beacon, Left/Nose/Right landing lights, Nose taxi lights, Inspection lights, Logo lights, Courtesy lights, Baggage door light. They all cast light on the surroundings.
- Audible Alert System
- Awesome 3D sounds, many of which have been recorded on the real jets!
- There are two FMS units installed on the pedestal: Custom TEKTON FMS© by Steve Wilson (More details below) and the X-Plane FMS by Philipp J. Münzel
- Please note that these are not replicas of the FMS units usually installed on the jets.
- Initialization page on system startup
- Easy to navigate paging system
- SID, ROUTE and STAR waypoint lists are treated as separate editable items
- Color keyed data presentation
- Scratchpad data entry
- Interactive feedback messages
- Both 2D and 3D popups are available for easy access
- Direct Keyboard Entry (DKE)
- SID and STAR procedures from X-Plane stock or third party custom data
- Zipped “Custom Data” folder provided
- Altitude and airspeed constraints for procedures
- Automatic procedure altitude calculation
- Flexible STAR element selection and re-selection and editing
- Default visual departure and approach waypoints
- Ability to easily edit SIDs, Routes, STARS and the loaded FLT PLAN
- Airways selection
- PERF 1 page providing preflight and takeoff data
- PERF 2 page allowing route fuel planning
- PERF 3 page for approach data
- Thrust Rating Select page (TRS) accessed from PERF 1
- FMS reset function
- Simplified manual waypoint altitude entry
- Company route load and save functions
- FLT PLAN page now automatically advances with destination waypoint
- 8.33mhz tunable radios
- Comprehensive Status Page
- The stock X-Plane MCDU is also provided as an alternative for users that prefer it.
- An amazing 3D sound package comes with the jets. Everything from different knob sounds, door sounds to realistic engine sounds. Many of the sounds have been recorder on the real jets which makes the experience extra immersive!