X-Europe Version 3.0 Released
simHeaven's premiere product, X-Europe, has today seen its anticipated version 3.0 update which revamps assets, adds compatibility with libraries and much more. The addon is compatible with both X-Plane 10 and 11.
X-Europe adds realism to the European region in X-Plane, with OSM data providing realistic overhead lines, roads and accurate locations for buildings. In addition to this, the addon makes use of Laminar default assets to place buildings in a much more dense fashion as seen in the urban cores of many European cities.
Weighing in at a hefty 8GB (zipped) and growing to 15GB once installed, X-Europe is not a small scenery, though for the entire European region, the developer has worked hard to ensure the product's 7 layers are space efficient.
The changelog for X-Europe 3.0 includes:
- newest OSM data Oct 2019
- many many new objects: different castle types, boat houses and house boats, bunker,
- historic ships, offshore platforms, retail buildings, farms, different roofs
- thousands new residential buildings and houses
- typical buildings in the Alps region
- FlyAgis Vegetation (HD trees and forests) included, adapted to ortho sceneries
- Forests splitted at motorways and railways
- 3D vfr objects (330 objects actually)
- now there are 7 layers, refer to page 6 for description
- compatible to newest OpenSceneryX v4.2.0+ (thanks to Austin G.)
Installation of the scenery must be done carefully, as an error in the scenery_packs.ini file could be detrimental to the appearance of the 7 scenery layers, which must be ordered correctly. Check out the manual to learn more.
You can download X-Europe Version 3.0 from simHeaven here.
Special thanks to Pendrag0n over on the Threshold Discord server for the tip off!