SimHeaven Releases X-Europe Version 5
The established X-Plane development group SimHeaven has just released the latest version of their popular scenery auto-gen add-on X-Europe bringing it to version 5.
X-Europe is a free add-on for X-Plane 11 that replaces all of the simulator’s default auto-gen by some high-quality region-specific auto-gen. These include accurately placed roads, buildings and much more. The scenery also adds many custom VFR landmarks such as stadiums, churches and bridges.
The developer included a screenshot of the German city of Emden in the North of Germany that got reworked in this update.
Since its original release, X-Europe has been expanded to more regions. The update to v5 concentrates on improving existing regions and changing the positions to the latest OSM data. Here is the full changelog as provided on simHeaven’s website:
- New region Northern Germany (new objects and facades)
- New region UK/Ireland (only roof colours adapted)
- Improved generation of layers (scenery and forests changed position)
- Service streets (even in airports) removed
- More precise settings of buildings
- New generated layer 3 – 7
- Now Ortho overlays needed for OSM+autogen areas
In contrast to the last X-Europe update, no patch is available and all users will have to download the latest version of the add-on.
Disclaimer: All screenshots that weren’t provided by the developer were taken with SimHeaven’s X-Europe and Ortho4XP.