X-Plane 11.36 Released
X-Plane 11.36 is available for download. It contains new joystick profiles, adjusts the Cessna 172 steering parameters, and fixes several bugs.
It builds on 11.35 which was a considerably large update, featuring an updated batch of gateway airports, updated default aircraft systems, FMOD sound sets for the 737 and C90B, landmarks for two major U.S. cities, plus more.
The next update is expected to be 11.40, which is focussed exclusively on a range of flight model upgrades. For additional details, see our full summary here.
Quoting the release notes, "X-Plane 11.36 is a minor patch update that includes improved bungee steering, asynchronous map, and .lin fixes."
Release Candidate 1
- Honeycomb & Betop MVP joystick files added.
- Bumped max number of texture atlases from 64 to 128.
- XPD-10246 Fixed missing layers for .lin files with layers out of order.
- XPD-10253 Fixed crash if speech engine fails to init.
Release Candidate 2
- XPD-10241 Restored airways when using FAA CIFP.
- XPD-10268 Fix for beacon.obj typo.
- XPD-10272 Fix plugin-commanded steering not working.
- Updated C172.acf and C172_G1000.acf with new nosewheel steering parameters.
Both standard and Steam users can update now.
Many thanks to users jcp123 and Hurri Cane for tipping us off with the update in our Discord server. Join here.