Blue Sky Star Releases Major Update to FF A320 Sound Pack
Blue Sky Star Simulations, also known as simply BSS, have released a major update to their flagship sound-pack for the FlightFactor A320. The changes were originally announced via Facebook yesterday afternoon, along with an appeal for beta testers.
Among the largest changes comes news of a complete overhaul of the engine sounds in 1.3, something that they've kept under wraps until now. Here's the full changelog, as of yesterday;
- Heat blur/contrails now are working
- New wind system
- Empennage wind
- Mid wing and engine nacelle wind
- Nose wind
- All electric contactors remade
- E&E bay transformers sound
- PTU distance fixed
- inlet/extractor sounds
- Blower resets
- Advanced settings for Switching/Levers/buttons etc
- Avionics caused loud speaker pop (when off and on)
- PAX volume, noise off
- outside ambiance when front door is open
- ground roll/brake sounds
- Air conditioning/packs improved
- Avionic vent sounds improved
- Avionic start beep
- Avionic start bus power high freq. noise
- blades windmill sounds
- complete outside engine sounds all 360 degrees with start/stop sounds (full remade)
- jet blast sounds hitting fuselage while aircraft is on the ground with max power, disappears when aircraft leaving the ground effect.
- Intake rush sounds (smart), depending on thrust input
- Engine spooldown gool, low thrust, spooling down famous CFM sound.
- Custom high thrust that causes engine to whine more at around 70-80% N1 which fades away with more air into cowling and gets replaced by steady "saw" sound.
- N2 Core sounds
- All engine sounds inside change every 3 seats, like they suppose to, basically every PAX seat has its own authentic sound of engine.
- Jet blast rumble (back)
- Reverse sounds
- CFM buzzsaw fixed volume.
To update, simply re-download the package from the Blue Sky Star website. The update is also available at the x-plane.org store. To download, simply find the purchase in your account.