Dassault Aviation & Aerobask Announce Falcon 8X for X-Plane 11
Aerobask has announced a direct partnership with Dassault Aviation to realise their Falcon 8X for X-Plane 11. Dassault Aviation is a real-world aviation company that makes the popular Falcon 8X aircraft (full details of the aircraft at the official webpage), and produced a range of aircraft since 1929.
The officially licenced model is being developed under the supervision and collaboration with Dassault Aviation themselves, and will include, according to the forum post:
- "Precise flight model built and tweaked by Cameron Garner (X-Aerodynamics), complemented by custom-coded FBW and protections, all validated by certified Falcon 8X pilot and in compliance with expected performance.
- "Exact model based on original blueprints provided by Dassault Aviation, with high resolution PBR textures (Physically Based Rendering). Fully functional cockpit with smoothly animated buttons and switches. External animations include passenger and cargo doors, RAT (Ram Air Turbine) and GPU socket, in addition to all moving surfaces, and including wingflex.
- "Cabin modeled according to Dassault Aviation standard configuration, with optional very high resolution model for static display purposes*. Official house livery from Dassault Aviation, with plans for some extra fictional liveries.
- "High resolution EASy III avionics (without options) with pop-up screens. Simulated PFDs and MFDs with reversion*, custom FMS, at or close to study-level simulation of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and synoptics. Custom failures are planed for a post-release update.
- "Precise sound modeling and effects by Daniela Rodríguez Careri, based on samples taken from real aircraft, courtesy Dassault Aviation."
* some features may be only available after future (free) updates
An Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) is said to be "late 2019, early 2020".
Aerobask most recently released their E1000 G1000 edition a month ago. You can choose to follow them on Facebook here.