Aerosoft Previews CRJ 900/1000 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
April 26, 2021
Aerosoft’s upcoming CRJ 900/1000 expansion package for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been further previewed showing off the brand new wings and fuselage.
This follows the release of the base package CRJ 550/700 model back in mid-March 2020. These are the first images of the CRJ 900/1000 variants of the aircraft that Aerosoft has previewed.
Expected to be similar to the expansion package, Aerosoft’s CRJ 550/700 features the following:
- Highly detailed modeling based on many photos of the original aircraft
- Covered with high resolution PBR textures that convey virtual reality extremely well
- The possibilities of the new flight simulator engine are mostly utilized
- Fluid animations of moving parts such as landing gear, flaps and doors
- The cockpit shows detailed modeling and animations that provide a realistic look and feel of this popular airliner
- Support of advanced features, such as rain effects, etc.
- The flight model is based on Flight Simulator's new aerodynamic model to provide more realistic behavior of the CRJ in all flight conditions. It has been fine tuned to reflect the performance and reactive behavior of the CRJ
- Included are the CRJ 550 and 700 models with 9 liveries
- Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywell ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation
- Delivered with February/March 2021 (AIRAC 2102) nav data
- Navigation data can be updated via NavDataPro and Navigraph
- Head-up Guidance System
Electronic Flight Display:
- Detailed performance calculations based on actual weight and balance and graphical display of actualized load sheet
- Transfer of weight, fuel and calculated V-speeds into the FMS, if desired
- Checklists for all flight situations
- Individual configuration settings for aircraft maintenance, preferred aircraft state when loading and additional options
- Chart display (NavDataPro Charts and Navigraph charts) with position tracking
This option will be made available free of charge as soon as the SDK allows it!
Aerosoft also stated that their “next Liveries [to paint] are SAS, Air Nostrum, Air France Hop! and a nice SkyWest 35th anniversary paint”. The Lufthansa paint scheme is used on the images previewed.
Aerosoft had already announced the CRJ 900/1000’s pricing to be EUR 16.75. However, a release date is not known at this time. Aerosoft’s CRJ 550/700 package will also be required to purchase the 900/1000 variants.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.