VFlyteAir release Comco-Ikarus C42C
Back in June, we reported on vFlyteAir's latest aircraft project, the Ikarus C42C. At that stage, exterior modelling was largely completed, and good progress was being made on the interior too.
The Ikarus C42C is a fixed gear, single engine microlight aircraft, designed to carry the pilot and one other passenger. The C42 has a range of just under 700km (432 miles) and can be equipped with either an 80 or 100hp Rotax engine. vFlyteAir's version models the Rotax 912, the 80hp option.
The C42C comes with an FMOD sound pack, full PBR, HDR lighting and an interactive & animated walk-around. The aircraft is fully VR compatible.
Check out the full list of features below:
- Created from actual hands-on experience flying an Ikarus C42C (D-MYSF and D-MNLN)
- VR compatible – fully optimized for VR use
- Two different panels included
- FMOD sounds – more than 85 original, actual sound recordings used for FMOD sounds
- Fully animated hi-res model with PBR effects inside and out, HDR lighting and very highly detailed modeling
- Interactive, animated virtual pre-flight inspection takes you on guided walk-around of the Ikarus (VR compatible using teleport hot-spots)
- Realistic engine effects unique to the Rotax 912, such as slow idle after first starting the engine; engine choke operation is functional
- Realistic BRS parachute, including safety pin that must be removed prior to operating the BRS, and a blow-off parachute hatch with actual BRS rocket sound
- Choice of metric or imperial units for gauges and instruments (your choice is saved each time you quit X-Plane or unload the airplane)
- Choice of English or German language for instruments and menus (your choice is saved each time you quit X-Plane or unload the airplane)
- 14 different liveries provided
Early last month vFlyteAir released a preview video of the C42C, you can view that below.
You can purchase the vFlyteAir Ikarus C42C for $27.95 USD from the X-Plane.org store.