Caernarfon Airport Released by Orbx for MSFS
May 5, 2021
Orbx has put the focus on Wales, United Kingdom for the latest airport release from the company.
Caernarfon Airport (EGCK) is situated near the town bearing the same name and serves as a base for a few flying schools and the Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance.
“Created by Orbx developer Tony Wroblewski, the entire airfield has been modelled in superb detail from extensive real-world photography and numerous site visits offering unmatched realism and accuracy,” reads the product page.
“The airport and all the recent extensions and new buildings have been included ensuring that the airport is as close as possible to the real airport and will remain so for many years to come.”
- Bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- Dynamic people and animals that will change based on time of year and day.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimized for best performance and works seamlessly with World Update 3 and our UK North POI region
EGCK is available to buy through Orbx’s website. It costs AUD $16.35, which is approximately US $12.65, €10.53 or GBP £9.09.
Orbx has been on fire when it comes to releases for Microsoft Flight Simulator; Caernarfon is one of several products released in the past five weeks for the simulator, and many more this year alone.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.