Orbx Releases East Midlands Airport (EGNX)
Orbx's latest X-Plane scenery was announced just over two weeks ago and has now been released. The conversion of the Prepar3D version of East Midlands Airport (EGNX) is now available.
This follows the announcement of Orbx's first Washington scenery; Anacortes (74S) from two days ago.
In a post on the Orbx forum, product manager Aimee Sanjari shares the news of the release:
"EGNX for X-Plane 11 is a stunning addition to any UK scenery collection. Fully integrated with TrueEarth GB South, this PBR rendition of East Midlands Airport features high resolution buildings, a fleet of static aircraft, custom modeled cars and trucks, and HDR night lighting. We have included the Royal Air Force museum and have even programmed in an active firetruck going to and from the station as well as a race around the local racing track every 20 minutes between 08:00 - 22:00!"
The feature list of Orbx's East Midlands includes;
- An immersive rendition of EGNX East Midlands Airport including the race track west to the airport and additional POIs
- Accurate ground service cars using in the airport- buses (both airport and public shuttles), fire fighters, gpu and more.
- 2k high regulation buildings
- Full PBR integration with ortho (mainly asphalt), buildings, vehicles, ground texture, etc
- Interior modelling on the tower and the terminal. The tower and the terminals are reflective and transparent
- Realistic static aircraft with the following liveries: DHL, Flybe, Thomas Cook, Jet2 and Ryanair.
- Animated firefighter truck will go from the station to the practice area every 20min. There is also a race on the racing track every 20 min (both are active from 08:00-22:00).
- Stunning custom HDR night lighting
- Dense 3D grass with minimum FPS impact
- incredibly detailed special effects: Wind turbines and the smoke coming out of chimneys react to the wind speed and direction
- Ortho of 25cm/pix which blend smoothly and seamlessly with TrueEarth GB South
- Royal Air Force museum is included - this is located in the north-east part of the runway
- Custom ground poly
- Unique trucks, cars and other vehicles are present in the airport
You can purchase the scenery for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $22.95/ €20.50/ £18.20) from OrbxDirect.
Thanks to Discord user Full-Flight for submitting the news to us via our official server.