VSkyLabs Releases Revolution Mini-500 Helicopter
VSkyLabs, experimental aircraft experts, have released their latest project for X-Plane 11.30. The Revolution Mini-500 is an American single-seater chopper and is unique in that the owner must construct the aircraft from a kit-set before flying it. This is VSkyLabs' second successive helicopter release following the Guimbal Cabri G2 in September.
The new Mini-500 utilizes X-Plane 11.30's experimental flight model and features highly realistic flight dynamics as a result.
VSkyLabs have provided a feature list for the helicopter, which you can see here:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Revolution Mini-500.
- Built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.30+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) compatibility.
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
- Unique aspects of the Mini-500 helicopter are simulated and are part of the flying experience by definition: Manual engine/rotor RPM management, low rotor-inertia aspects, in-flight nose tuck during engine-stop, rotor RPM management, retreating blade stall condition (Vne), typical Mast bumping, typical autorotation capability and more.
- The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: Mini-500 is designed as if it was a real kit-built helicopter, awaiting for it's first test-flight. Was it built exactly as instructed? Will it fly as expected? wow there is only one way to find out!
- You will have to get to know it step by step...or you might get yourself into serious trouble when mistreating it. Mastering the VSKYLABS Mini-500 will sure make you a better helicopter pilot!
- The original pilot's manual was one of the core-materials during development of this project, and the VSKYLABS Mini-500 pilot's manual is built based on it.
- The project is under constant development.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
You can purchase the VSkyLabs Test Pilot: Mini-500 for $26.50 on the X-Plane.org store.